Newby Hillbilly

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

Newby Hillbilly

Message par omarty le Mar 7 Fév - 2:33

I live in USA. I have a friend in Algeria. It hurt my heart to find he could not be himself in Algeria. I did not know about the laws criminalize sexuality and thought Algeria was still French but apparently not. I came here looking for information about trying to find help and be supportive to any one who was working for change to Algerian laws that criminalize sexuality and found this site. What a brave bunch you guys must be but im proud for you. I want to share experiences and find out how to help Gays and Lesbians from Algeria.

Can an Algerian be out and is there problems for guys that come out in there families. Are these laws enforced and is the society dangerous for gays and lesbians in the major cities in Algeria? Do the Police arrest you? for being in public ? I just need info so i know best how to understand this.

omarty
Novice
Novice

Masculin Messages : 2

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: Newby Hillbilly

Message par yrazish le Ven 12 Oct - 3:53

The law is rather to be silent.It does'nt punish individuals for beign gay.But also it does'nt protect them.The main challenge is social.Socially gay people are not accepted nor respected.The only place that gives some protection from social denial is moving to major cities as you mentioned.Even though the situation becomes just more complicated because the same sex individual finds him self forced to leave his city of origin where he might have stable job/business/ social relathionship to a totally new life in Algeirs or Oran giving the fact Algeria is large country .
The situation in major cities is not in fact that safe for gays.i did 'nt live that but i know it and i saw it.many gays are forced to work in prostitution ,to dance in bars and usually they face violence from individuals--in many cases from those who take them to use them sexually--.laws in Algeria need to be reformulated to allow more freedom to gays and protect thjem from all kind of violence.Programs to help social integration of gay community r really needed.In fact the situation will always remain defficult for a gay in Algeria given the religious/historical/cultural/economic/ situation of the country ,yet goverment is'nt taking the first step .

yrazish
Novice
Novice

Masculin Messages : 2

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut